This article will cover the Elite Platinum Series and the Cuisinart CPC-600 Electric Pressure Cooker.
These cookers, in particular, are difficult to compare, as the Elite Platinum series varies widely in its functions and prices while the Cuisinart CPC-600 is a very simple yet very effective cooker.
Hopefully, after reading this article you will give more thought to what you want out of a pressure cooker and just what is worth spending money on.
It is worth noting that, with so much versatility, you will likely find the Elite Platinum series to be the more interesting cookers. With that being said, let’s take a look at some of the most important differences between them and the Cuisinart CPC-600.
- The Most Important Differences Between The Elite Platinum Series And The Cuisinart CPC-600
- The Elite Platinum Series
- The Cuisinart CPC-600
- So Which Is The Best Cooker?
The Most Important Differences Between The Elite Platinum Series And The Cuisinart CPC-600
So just how are they different? Aside from one being a series and the other being a single cooker. Let’s look at a short list of their differences.
- The Elite Platinums vary widely in size and function, while the Cuisinart cooker is a singular product.
- The Cuisinart cooker is simple and energy efficient.
- The Cuisinart cooker is a 4-in-1 multifunction while the Platinums vary from 6 to 19 functions.
- More freedom of choice with the Elite Platinum.
- Most of the Elite Platinums are more expensive.
So with all that being said, we are going to take a look at both the Elite Platinum series and the Cuisinart CPC-600 individually.
It is worth noting that, if you are looking for fancy options, you’ll want to go with the Elite Platinums. Whereas if you want something cheap yet reliable, the Cuisinart is the way to go.
Let’s look at the Elite Platinums first.
The Elite Platinum Series
So the Elite Platinum Series are arguably the best value cookers on the market. there are 7 different models that, while different in some ways, all of them are similar enough in price and functionality.
This series is set apart from most other cookers and series on the market as it has a lot to offer that other cookers don’t.
All of these cookers are certified for complete safety and diverse functionality. It is best to do research into each one to determine what makes them different and why one is better than the other.
So just to go over the most prominent similarities in these cookers;
- Each Elite Platinum cooker has a safety certification and is entirely safe for home use.
- The Elite Platinum Cookers are priced fairly for what they offer, making them some of the best value cookers on the market.
There are 7 total cookers you can find under the Elite Platinum cooker name. And although they have the same name, these cookers are still somewhat different.
Let’s look at each cooker individually and see what sets them apart.
Elite Platinum EPC-813
- 9 total Preset Functions.
- An 8-quart bowl.
- Safety certified.
- A large wattage of 1200
- Aluminum casing.
- A safety switch that keeps cooking going in event of a power shortage.
Elite Platinum EPC-678
- 11 preset functions.
- Standard 6-quart volume cooker.
- Features a slow cooking function.
- This cookers wattage comes in at a standard 1000.
Elite Platinum EPC-808
- 13 preset functions.
- 8-quart volume bowl.
- Stainless steel bowl to ensure sleekness.
- A wattage of 1000.
Elite Platinum EPC-55
- 5 preset functions.
- odd volume at 5.5 quarts rather than an even 5.
- 1000 wattage cooker.
Elite Platinum EPC-414
- 9 preset functions.
- 4 Quart capacity
- 800-watt cooker.
Elite Platinum EPC-607
- 6 preset functions.
- A volume of 6 quarts.
- This cookers wattage is 1200.
Elite Platinum EPC-1013
- a 12-hour keep warm setting
- This cooker comes in a 10-quart size, something you don’t see often.
- Manual cook and timer delay.
- a 1400 watt cooker.
- Two layers inside to ensure safety and stability.
- 8 optional preset functions.
As you can see from the above section, each of these cookers is different in several ways, although carrying the same name.
Even so, they are all remarkable similar. These cookers are set apart widely from anything else offered in the market because of their variety and all of these cookers are definitely worth the buy.
Now let’s look at the Cuisinart CPC-600 and see how it stacks up to these cookers and whether or not it is worth buying.
The Cuisinart CPC-600
I’ve covered the Cuisinart CPC-600 multiple times in the past and we have a singular product review for it here.
The Cuisinart CPC-600 is designed as an entry-level pressure cooker that is perfect for anyone switching over from non-electric cooking and it keeps simplicity and affordability in mind.
This cooker is purely designed for pressure cooking so there is no slow cooking option. This is reinforced by the lack of a release valve anywhere. It is purely designed to keep food tender. Other than it being a straight electric pressure cooker there is nothing too unique about it.
So let me run down the pros and cons of purchasing this cooker.
- Cool touch handles so you don’t have to worry with a mitt.
- The lid locks in place and stays locked while it is cooking.
- The locking lid keeps in vitamins and minerals and keeps any meat moist and flavorful.
- Has a non-time limited keep warm function.
- Cheaper than most of the Eliter Platinum models.
- much faster and simpler to use than your average stovetop pressure cooker.
- The timer is small and thus complicated to use without knowledge. it goes up by 1 minute from 1-40 on the timer, and 41-99 goes up by 5-minute increments. This feature makes it a nuisance for the average consumer, and not entirely worth the hassle.
- Lacks any preset programs, requiring full manual setup for any dish.
- The lack of a release valve anywhere can potentially be dangerous on the high-pressure setting.
With all that being said this cooker is definitely a good cooker for any entry-level chef or even just a modern household.
So Which Is The Best Cooker?
When it comes down to it, the Elite Platinum cookers win out because of versatility.
The Cuisinart CPC-600 however, is a great alternative to the Elite cookers if you are looking to save some money.
But without a doubt, all these cookers are well worth the price.