Elite Platinum is a well known brand. But you must have already seem several reviews and comparisons on famous brands already. You might find a couple of them here on Corrie Cooks as well (click here to look at our latest ones).
However, although Elite Platinum is a famous brand, there is this specific model that not many people remember. This is a model that is special not because of its abilities or looks but because of its volume. The Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-414, as the name might suggest, has a volume of 4 Quarts, making it one of the smaller models available in the industry.
That being said, there are models around this size as well, but they are very few in number. And the Elite Platinum EPC-414 is one of the only models with a specific 4 quart size. The 4 quart size, frankly, is a specially rare size which makes it all the more special. The Instant Pot offers you with models of 5 quarts while the Cosori provides you with a model of 2 quarts, bringing them the closest to the Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC (click here for the difference between the Cosori and the Instant Pot).
The Main Features of the Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-414
The Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-414 is one of the special pressure cooker, as already stated. But we might want to take a look at the main features that this amazing model boasts of. The most prominent features of the Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-414 are as follows:
- The Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-414 offers you with 9 preset functions: keep warm, slow cook, soup and stew, beans and grains, brown and sauté, desserts, steam, meat and chicken, and rice.
- Again, this is the only model besides Fagor LUX (click here for the differences between the Elite Platinum and the Fagor LUX) that provides you with a choice when it comes to aestheticism. This pressure cooker also provides you with two colors to choose from. You can choose from the classic black or the elegant red color so that it can perfectly add to the beauty of your kitchen.
- And of course, as already stated, it provides you with this unique option of a size of four quarts. This is a really handy option because otherwise there might be cases where the two quarts might be a bit too small while the five quarts would be too large to properly serve the purpose you’re trying to get it to serve.
- Once again, the Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-414 comes with the completely glory of the Elite Platinum line of products. They do not compromise with quality for the sake of anything else. So you can rest assured that the quality of the product would be more than just “good”.
Let us now look at some of the limitations of this model
Like all models, the Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-414 is also not infallible. There are several cases where it might be said to be lacking the features that some other models are able to provide. That makes this model a later choice for several people.
So, let us take a look at those things which might make you consider other models. The main things that might make someone turn away from this model are listed below:
- First of all, the advantage is also a disadvantage for this model. This model has a size of four quarts but that makes it limited. Although the Elite Platinum as a series does have a huge range of volumes, this specific model can not be used to cook too much, that is a limitation.
- Secondly, this model is not able to provide you with special features that make some brands famous. Some examples among those are the Yogurt Maker of the Instant Pot and the Flavor Infusion Technology of the Power Pressure Cooker XL. (Click here for the differences between the Instant Pot and the Power Pressure Cooker XL).
- And last but not the least, the Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-414 is moderately versatile at best. It provides you with a couple of functions but this is nowhere close to the amount of functions you would expect from a special model from a special company like the Elite Premium. This is a disheartening fact and often makes several potential buyers take an u-turn at this point.
The Technical Specifications of the Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-414
The Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-414, after all, is an electric pressure cooker. An electric pressure cooker, after all, is an electronic device. This makes it really important for you to know about the technical specifications to calculate everything from simplicity of the device up to its expected lifetime.
The main technical specifications of the Maxi-Matic EPC-414 are as follows:
- It boasts of a volume of about 4 quarts.
- It has a net weight of 9.3 pounds.
- It has a dimension of 11.8″ X 12.2″ X 11.8″
- It has a non stick pot.
Is the Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-414 worth it?
You might wonder here if this model is worth it after all then. Well, I believe it is. Based on the quality that you get along with all the functionality, the price seems reasonable, even if not low.
This makes it a pretty reliable model that you can trust because of the brand name as well. So, it seems like a fine model to go for at the end of the day.
Main competing products for this model
There are several products that are competitors to this product based on each perspective. So, in order to understand in which field each of them competes against this product, let is look at the competing products on a basis divided based on perspective.
Based from a perspective of functionality, the Instant Pot, Cosori (click here for the differences between the Cosori and the Instant Pot) and Cuisinart are the main competing products for the Elite Platinum Maxi-Matic EPC-414.
Based on an economic perspective, however, the main competing products still remain the same. The Cosori, Cuisinart (click here for the differences between the Cosori and the Cuisinart) and the Fagor LUX provide pretty stiff competition to this product.