The Power Pressure Cooker is a very famous name in the electric pressure cooker market. Presently, Power Pressure Cooker, as a term, implies the Power Pressure Cooker XL series to just about anyone. But it was not always so. Before the Power Pressure Cooker XL series, the Power Pressure Cooker Plus was here.
The Power Pressure Cooker Plus is basically the earlier version of the Power Pressure Cooker XL. We have already discussed about the differences between the Power Pressure Cooker XL and the Power Pressure Cooker Plus.
In this article, we are going to compare the Power Pressure Cooker Plus to the famous economically preferred model of T-fal CY505E.
Let us Look at the Features of the T-fal CY505E
The T-fal CY505E is one of the pressure cookers that offer a lot more than the price they’re available at. The prime features that this pressure cooker offers are:
- It is a 12-in-one programmable electric multi-function pressure cooker with a body of stainless steel.
- The T-fal CY505E boasts of an astonishing 25 in built smart programs.
- It offers you a volume of 6.3 (you might have read that another model of T-fal is available with a volume of 8 quarts- We will be coming to that soon) quarts.
- It has a wattage of about 1000.
- it boasts of a 4-layer ceramic cooking pot.
However, it is mention worthy here that the T-fal comes in a couple of sizes and variants:
- The T-fal has a stovetop model. The stovetop model has two sizes available: 6 quarts and 8 quarts.
- The T-fal Cy505E has an electronic version, which is the one we are discussing right now, this electric one comes in only one size, and that size is 6.3 quarts. (This is why I mentioned only the 6.3 Qt in the features list.)
The Power Pressure Cooker Plus is the forerunner of the Power Pressure Cooker XL. The main features of the Power Pressure Cooker Plus are as follows:
- The Power Pressure Cooker Plus is only available in an 8-quart size.
- The Power Pressure Cooker Plus only offers you the default silver color.
- The Power Pressure Cooker Plus only adds time in either 2, 4, or 10 minute increments.
- The Power Pressure Cooker Plus has a default cooking time of 15 minutes.
- It has a wattage of 1000.
[Please note here that if you make a mistake or are unable to set the right time when the pot is still pressurizing, you have to start all over again, one of the major flaws of this pressure cooker is that it is really hard to properly set up to get your food ready. In this aspect, it might be mentioned, that if you are looking for the greatest ease, you might want to look at the Breville Fast Slow Pro or the upcoming models of Instant Pot Ultra and Fagor LUX 360.]
The cooking features that the Power Pressure Cooker Plus gives you are the same as the Power Pressure Cooker XL, namely:
- Slow Cook
- Fish/Vegetable Steam
- Chicken Meat
[Please note again that while sellers also say that this one is fine for canning, we are not suggesting that because the the USDA has always been against that. We suggest using the conventional stove-top caners to ensure safety.]
So, what are the main differences between these two?
The differences between these two models are several. These two models are fairly distinct from each other and as long as you have your needs in mind and clearly sorted out, there is no question of not being able to easily choose between these two.
The main differences between the Power Pressure Cooker Plus and the T-fal CY505E are as follows:
- The Power Pressure Cooker Plus has a size of 8 quarts while the T-fal CY505E has a size of 6 quarts.
- The Power Pressure Cooker Plus and the T-fal CY505E have fairly different looks, depending on the choice of the buyer any of them could be better than the other. Overall, they are fairly different.
- The T-fal CY505E has a 4-layered pot while the Power Pressure Cooker Plus has a two layered pot.
- The T-fal CY505E has 25 inbuilt smart programs, while you have to manually set the time in case of the Power Pressure Cooker Plus.
- The total options that the T-fal CY505E provides is also much more than the Power Pressure Cooker Plus. Thus, the T-fal CY505E is much more versatile.
Which one might be preferred over the other?
Except if you’re impressed by the looks of the Power Pressure Cooker Plus, if you are looking for the size of 6 quarts, that’s the only reason to buy the Power Pressure Cooker Plus between these two. But that’s one of the most common volumes available. Almost all line of products from the best selling Instant Pot up to the upcoming Fagor LUX 360 have 6 quart models.
Otherwise, the T-fal CY505E is the one that is the obvious choice here because of the following reasons:
- The T-fal CY505E has a four layered pot, making it much more safe and efficient when it comes to practical use than the two layered pot of the Power Pressure Cooker Plus.
- The T-fal CY505E has 25 inbuilt smart programs and the Power Pressure Cooker Plus can not come even close to that number, in terms of functionality the T-fal CY505E is much superior to the Power Pressure Cooker Plus.
- Another factor is cooking with ease. It is really infuriating to even try to set the cooking time with the Power Pressure Cooker Plus, in this aspect as well the T-fal CY505E provides you with a much easier to use interface and one that is far more efficient as well as attractive.
Keeping all the above facts in mind, it can easily be stated that the T-fal CY505E seems to be the reasonable choice between these two. However, you might want to check out the upgraded Power Pressure Cooker XL to get rid of most of the problems with the Power Pressure Cooker Plus.