This post is dedicated to help you decide what to purchase between the Cosori pressure cooker and the Fagor premium pressure cooker. While both these electronic pressure cookers are pretty famous in the market, these two are pretty different from all the perspectives.
These two are like two entirely different things. Just imagine comparing the Breville Fast Slow Pro with the Power Pressure Cooker XL. But that is exactly why we are here for you. Corrie Cooks brings to you the right comparisons for you to find out the Best Electric Pressure Cooker in the market and for yourself.
Let us proceed along with the discussion hoping that you will be able to figure out which one is the best for you by the time you’re done with this article.
- What is so special about the Cosori pressure cooker?
- What are the main features of the Fagor premium pressure cookers?
- The main differences between the Cosori and the Fagor premium pressure cookers
- Verdict: The Cosori Electric Pressure Cooker or the Fagor Premium?
What is so special about the Cosori pressure cooker?
The Cosori electric pressure cookers are famous for their unique design and looks. On their official site, one slow cooker and three electronic pressure cooker models are listed.
Let us keep aside the slow cooker and discuss the three pressure cooker models individually.
Before we get into the discussion, please keep in mind that the Cosori is well known because of its beautiful looks. However, it does not offer you the same amount of customization as the Fagor LUX does, putting both of these on an equal footing from this perspective.
1. Cosori Pressure Mini Cooker C 3120-PC 2 Quart
The main features of the Cosori Pressure Cooker C 3120-PC 2 Quart are as follows:
- The main feature that sets this pressure cooker apart from almost every other electronic pressure cooker is its size. It has a very small size of only 2 quarts. This is also a relatively rare size that is not very common in case of electric pressure cookers.
- It has 9 proven safety mechanisms ranging from Lid lock safety up to Lid position monitor.
- It also has a power consumption of 800 watts.
2. Cosori Pressure Cooker C 1156-PC 6 quart (version 1)
The prime features of the Cosori Pressure Cooker 1156-PC 6 Quart version 1 are as follows:
- It has a volume of 6 quarts.
- The Cosori C1156-PC Version 1 provides you with 15 cooking modes to choose from to perfectly prepare the dish of your choice. This is comparable to several Instant Pot models in terms of functionality.
- It has a power consumption of about 1000 watts, according to the official Cosori website.
3. Cosori Pressure Cooker C 2126-PC 6 quart (version 2)
The main features that the Cosori Pressure Cooker C2126-PC Version 2 boasts of are as follows:
- It also has a volume of 6 quarts.
- This model provides you with the ability to cook food much faster than regular Electronic pressure cookers. This pressure cooker boasts of being able to provide you with a meal 70% faster than the other models.
- It has a wattage of about 1000.
What are the main features of the Fagor premium pressure cookers?
The Fagor premium pressure cookers are pressure cookers that provide you both high and low pressure settings; these versatile cookers have become famous in the industry because of their functionality and versatility.
It can be said that the Fagor LUX and Fagor Premium are specialized differently. While the first one provides you with aesthetic pleasure, this one provides you with a higher amount of functionality. Please click here to read the differences between these two series in detail.
There are two Fagor premium models which are almost the same except when it comes to their volume and wattage. These two are:
Fagor 670041930 Premium Electric Pressure and Rice Cooker. This pressure cooker has a volume of 6 quarts and a wattage of 800.
Fagor 670041970 Premium Electric Pressure and Rice Cooker. This pressure cooker has a volume of 8 quarts and a wattage of 1000.
Besides the size difference, as mentioned earlier, these two pressure cookers are almost the same. Now, the main features of the Fagor premium pressure cookers are as follows:
- The Fagor Premium Electric Pressure cooker comes with an LED screen with soft touch control buttons.
- It boasts of a pressure cooking time programmable up to 99 minutes, time delay setting up to 6 hours.
- It has both high and low pressure settings. The low pressure cooks for at 3 psi while the high pressure cooks food at 8 psi.
- These pressure cookers have a volume range of 6-8 quarts.
- These pressure cookers, depending on the model, have a wattage of 800 or 1000.
The main differences between the Cosori and the Fagor premium pressure cookers
Among everything else, there are several differences that completely put apart the Cosori and the Fagor pressure cookers. The most notable of these differences are as follows:
- The Cosori, depending on the model, comes in volumes of 2 and 6 quarts while the Fagor premium comes in the sizes of 6 and 8 quarts respectively.
- The Cosori has 3 models available while the Fagor Premium has two models available. The distinction is based on functionalities in case of Cosori and volume in case of Fagor.
- The Fagor premium gives a choice of pressure setting which is absent in the case of Cosori.
- The Cosori has a model of 2 quarts, which is not the volume that any Fagor premium model offers.
- The Fagor 670041930 Premium Electric Pressure Cooker (which is of 6 quarts) has the same wattage as the Cosori Pressure Cooker C 3120-PC 2 Quart and the 8 quart model of Fagor premium also has the same wattage as the 6 quart models of Cosori.
Verdict: The Cosori Electric Pressure Cooker or the Fagor Premium?
Well, if we look at the details carefully, it is really clear that these pressure cookers are entirely different. Both might be equally suitable and suggestible subject to the particular needs that they have to serve. Let is judge it from some customer perspectives now:
- If we want a low volume pressure cooker, only Cosori has a model of 2 quarts, this is a really rare model because such small models are not very common even in many well-known series. If you are looking for a low volume, the Cosori is definitely the answer. The next potential option is the 4 quart model brought to you by the Elite Platinum.
- If you want more functionality in terms of pressure difference, the Fagor Premium is the clear winner because it presents you with two pressure setting options while the Cosori has no options here. If you are looking for pressure options, the Fagor Premium is the winner in this case.
- From a pricing perspective, the Cosori Pressure Cooker 1156-PC 6 Quart version 1, which has a similar volume to the Fagor premium 6 quart, is much more expensive than the Fagor premium 6 quart and so the Fagor Premium is the more economic choice. If you are looking for cheaper options, you might want to take a look at the Bella Electric Pressure cooker and the Tayama Electric Pressure Cooker
- From a perspective of electricity consumption as well, the Fagor consumes less electricity than the Cosori and thus it is the clear winner. This ensures that the Fagor is the more economic choice for the long run as well.
So, it is clear that based on your specific demands, both of them could be the right answer for you. However, if you’re looking for a small sized pressure cooker, the Cosori is definitely the answer for you. Please do not forget to keep your needs in mind and do your research before you purchase your electronic pressure cooker.