If you are a buyer like me who wants to get most out of their investments, it is crucial for you to do your research before you go out and purchase something. But funny thing is, even during this research it is easy to get confused while selecting the simplest of things like an electronic pressure cooker for your home.
For example, Fagor is one of the brands that come to mind whenever we talk about electronic pressure cookers because of its value-for-money in terms of both cost and functionality. While the Fagor LUX is one of those models that defeats the Cosori when it comes to aesthetic points, the Fagor Premium competes with the famous Power Pressure Cooker XL (click here for the differences between them.)
However, even so, Fagor is a brand name. Fagor has several series of pressure cookers and several models in each series. This Article is dedicated to closely comparing two such series that Fagor offers, the Fagor LUX and the Fagor Premium. At the end of the article, you’ll hopefully be able to find out which one is the right for you if it comes to selecting between these two.
The main features of the Fagor LUX
The Fagor LUX, based on color as well as volume, has a total of 8 models:
Silver color: 4 quart 6 quart and 8 quart.
Champagne color: 4 quart 6 quart and 8 quart.
Copper color: 6 quart and 8 quart.
- The Fagor LUX series provides you with 10 preset functions when it comes to choosing the meal you want to prepare.
- It also has the rare ability among Instant Pot pressure cookers to cook Yogurt.
- It has a wide range of choice of colors, you can choose from silver, champagne and copper colors.
- It also has a versatile size choice, you can choose the 4 quart or the 6 quart or the 8 quart model. However, you might want to take a look at the Power Pressure Cooker XL or GoWISE USA for larger sizes.
- It also boasts of a keep warm function that stays on for twelve hours after the meal is finished cooking.
- It is also rated as one of the most economic options when it comes to electronic pressure cookers.
- It gives you two pressure settings to choose from: The high pressure setting and the low pressure setting. These settings make it easy for you to perfectly cook the dish you’re planning to make.
What are the main features of the Fagor premium pressure cookers?
The Fagor premium pressure cookers are pressure cookers that provide you both high and low pressure settings; these versatile cookers have become famous in the industry because of their functionality and versatility.
There are two Fagor premium models which are almost the same except when it comes to their volume and wattage. These two are:
Fagor 670041930 Premium Electric Pressure and Rice Cooker. This pressure cooker has a volume of 6 quarts and a wattage of 800.
Fagor 670041970 Premium Electric Pressure and Rice Cooker. This pressure cooker has a volume of 8 quarts and a wattage of 1000.
Besides the size difference, as mentioned earlier, these two pressure cookers are almost the same. Now, the main features of the Fagor premium pressure cookers are as follows:
- The Fagor Premium Electric Pressure cooker comes with an LED screen with soft touch control buttons.
- It boasts of a pressure cooking time programmable up to 99 minutes, time delay setting up to 6 hours.
- It has both high and low pressure settings. The low pressure cooks for at 3 psi while the high pressure cooks food at 8 psi.
- These pressure cookers have a volume range of 6-8 quarts.
- These pressure cookers, depending on the model, have a wattage of 800 or 1000.
The prime differences between the Fagor LUX and Premium:
While both of these two aesthetically pleasing electronic pressure cookers are really great products of Fagor, they do have quite a few differences which set these two apart from each other from the perspective of a consumer. The main differences between these two series are as follows:
- The Fagor Premium offers you only silver color but the Fagor LUX offers you three colors (silver, champagne and copper) to choose from. (The only line of products that competes with the Fagor LUX in aestheticism is Cosori. Click here for the differences between them.)
- The Fagor LUX has a 4 quart model which is not present in case of the Fagor Premium series. Both of them, however, have the 6 and 8 quart models.
- The Fagor LUX can cook yogurt whereas the Premium cannot.
- The Fagor Premium boasts of 5 preset features while the Fagor LUX has only 3 options when it comes to that.
- Economically speaking, the Fagor Premium is considerably less expensive than the Fagor LUX. When it comes to choosing in economic models such as the ones of Fagor, this is an important point.
[Unlike most other series, this series does not have a difference in power consumption. The 6 quart model, for example, of both the series, consumes an equal amount of power- 1000 watts.]
Verdict: If I choose Fagor, should I choose the Premium or the LUX?
Frankly, the perfect choice here is dependent on what your specific needs are. Both of them are really great choices depending on your needs. Should you keep your specific needs in mind and go through their prime features, it will easily become obvious to you which one you should buy.
Let us consider some potential perspectives and thereby some probably choices:
- If you are looking for aesthetic pleasure, and if you want it to perfectly fit in with your beautifully colored kitchen, then the LUX which offers you with 3 color variants seem to be a potential choice.
- If you are looking for a smaller model, the LUX has a 4 quart model available. The 6 and 8 quart models are available in case of both of them, but in case of a smaller one, if you choose to buy from Fagor, the LUX is the answer.
- If you are looking for functionalities and would not mind compromising a bit on the choice of looks for that, the Fagor Premium has 5 preset features while the LUX has only 3. The Fagor Premium is a clear winner here. However, the Cuisinart CPC-600 presents a fair competition to both of them here.
- If you want to be able to cook yogurt then you have to choose the LUX model.
- Even if you judge from an economic perspective, the Fagor Premium is substantially cheaper than the Fagor LUX, making it a better choice if you are on a tight budget. However, if you are looking for the cheapest models, you might want to take a look at the Bella Electric Pressure Cooker or the Tayama Electric Pressure Cooker.
But what matters at the end is your satisfaction and you will have that if only you get to serve all your required purposes at the most efficient price. So, keep your needs in mind and do not hesitate to read and ask questions before making the final purchase.
And, there is an upcoming special model of Fagor in May 2017, which is going to take the market by storm. If all the supposed specifications are right, this is going to be one of the most advanced electric pressure cookers in the market which might make us change our list of best electric cookers available in 2017. Yes, I am talking about the famous Fagor LUX 360.