Sous Vide is the latest addition for your kitchen! But even in case of this new thing, we do have quite a few bestsellers! The ChefSteps CS20001 Joule Sous Vide is one of the bestselling models out there.
But that doesn’t mean that we won’t learn more about it before going for it! And that’s why Corrie Cooks is here for you with this article. In today’s article, we are going to take a detailed look at all the features of this new device. We’re also going to discuss all the positive and negative aspects. We hope that we’d be able to figure out for you if it’s worth it or not- So please read this article till the very end!
Some of the main positive aspects of this model:
The Joule Sous Vide has quite a few things that are mention-worthy. It might appear like this great looking model isn’t nice but that’s not the case. Some people who don’t like new technology might also speak against it. But it’s actually a great new addition for your kitchen. Let us take a look at the great things that this model offers you:
- This device is super handy. It’s actually 11 inches in length while 12 inches make a foot! This means it’s so small that you can easily fit it even in compact places, this makes it both handy and easy to store away.
- Next comes the efficiency of this model. This model can heat water up to the exact temperature that you want to heat it up to. For several models, it becomes hard to use because it isn’t accurate and efficient. But that is never the case with this model, it’s has a quality that you can rely on.
- In order to work, it needs only 1.5 inches of standing water. It can heat up to 10 gallons of water, making it super simple and really versatile when it comes to use.
- And of course, it’s not like other devices. You don’t have to buy other equipment to use it with. You can use it with the pots that you already have. This makes it the whole cost, there is nothing hidden away from you!
- This model isn’t just operated with a button. This model is operated by an entirely digital interface. It’s connected to your smartphone via Bluetooth and you can operate it through that directly. You can also connect it with amazon and use your voice to give it commands. This makes it super simple to use and really versatile. This is one of the best things about this model.
- And don’t forget that you can cook a lot of things with this model. This model isn’t only good for heating the water up but also cooking like that. Since you can maintain the same temperature with the help of this device, it’s really easy to cook with. And because of the same temperature being maintained, there’s almost no chance of overcooking or under-cooking.
What are some of the limitations of this model?
This model is a really great model when it comes to functionality. It’s also a great model when it comes to efficiency and versatility. However, there are still some things that this model isn’t good with. These make some people look elsewhere who might have gone with it otherwise. So, for an honest review, it’s important to consider these shortcomings as well.
So, the main limitations of this model might be summed up in the following points:
- First of all, this model’s greatest advantage is that it’s easy to use when linked to a smartphone. The greatest disadvantage is perhaps the fact that it can’t be used without one. Yeah, that’s the only way to use it. If you plan to use it in any other way, it’s not possible. If you aren’t familiar with technology, then you can’t use it. Or, as Amazon puts it, “It’s no better than a piece of modern art”.
- Next comes the cost. There are quite a few Sous Vide machines that you can go for right now. And while this one is really functional and efficient and all, it’s not as affordable as it could have been. Yeah, it’s still a bestseller, can’t deny that at all, but it’s still pretty expensive. So yeah, for people on a conservative budget or for people who simply don’t want to pay more, it’s a bad thing.
Is this model worth going for, then?
Well, you must be wondering this by now. Well, this is actually a very specific case in itself with this model. Look, this model is efficient and all. It also has a nice quality and the line of products is also fairly reputed.
But, one of the main things that it lacks is being able to use it without digitization. If you’re fine with taking the use of technology to the next step, it’s a blessing for you. Otherwise, it might be a better idea to go with some other model first that you can use without brushing up on your technology skills.
What are some of the competing models?
This model is a really great choice, as I said. And it’s also quite case specific. However, that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have a few competing models too. After all, in a market, why would we review something without competition anyway, right? If you don’t have a choice anyway?
So, well, the main models that we might consider as its competitors are as follows:
- Anova Culinary Bluetooth Sous Vide Precision Cooker
- Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker
- ChefSteps CS10001 Joule Sous Vide