In the realm of cooking, a revolution has been brought about by electronic pressure cookers. A revolution that is even greater has been brought about by automation in such pressure cookers. The Breville Fast Slow Pro and the Instant Pot LUX series are two of the most looked up.
However, in order to ascertain their differences, making a clear distinction becomes indispensable and that is exactly what we’re going to do. We are going to find out which one is suitable for whom and why.
The Breville Fast Slow pro and the Instant Pot LUX can easily be identified because of their unique looks. What is all the more is that their comparison also gives us several points of striking contrast.
- The prime differences between these two are:
- The Breville Fast Slow Pro boasts of the following features:
- The main features of the Instant Pot IP-LUX 50 are:
- The main features of the Instant Pot IP-LUX 60 are:
- Finally, the Verdict: Which is Better?:
The prime differences between these two are:
- While the Breville Fast Slow Pro is a slow automatic cooker that adjusts all the conditions ranging from temperature to time to ascertain the quality of cooking, The Instant Pot LUX is a multipurpose cooker that can be used for a variety of purposes ranging from a slow cooker up to as a steamer.
- While the Instant Pot LUX speaks of 14 smart programs that come with it, the Breville Fast Slow Pro offers 11 settings and 21 pre-set programs.
- The Instant Pot LUX provides you with the special Instant Pot Feature of Yogurt Maker (which is comparable to the Flavor Infusion Technology of the Power Pressure Cooker XL), the Breville Fast Slow Pro offers you no such special feature.
- Instant Pot Lux can reduce the cooking time by up to 70% owing to the fact that it has a pressure range of 5.8 to 11.6 PSI while the Breville Fast Slow Pro has an adjustable range of 1.5 PSI to 12 PSI. This makes the Breville Fast Slow Pro capable of taking much higher pressure just like the Best Stovetop Models.
- The Breville Fast Slow Pro has wattage of 1100 while the two models of Instant Pot LUX (discussed later in the article) have a wattage range of 900 to 100.
- In terms of price as well, the cost of Breville Fast Slow Pro is substantially higher.
The Breville Fast Slow Pro boasts of the following features:
- A seven in one multi-functional pressure cooker and slow cooker all made into one.
- To ensure safety it has been equipped with Primary safety release valve, secondary safety valve, valve cover, locking lid, lid position sensor, collapsing gasket, steam temperature sensor, vessel temperature sensor, and thermal fuses.
- It has 21 programs that you can choose from, more than almost any other electronic pressure cooker offers.
- Unlike most other pressure cookers, it lets you choose the pressure settings, you can choose from eight options ranging between 1.5 PSI to 12 PSI.
- It has wattage of 1100.
- It boasts of a volume of 6 Qt.
With the Instant Pot LUX, however, there is a slight twist:
The Instant Pot LUX has two models available:
- Instant Pot IP-LUX 50
- Instant Pot IP-LUX 60
The main features of the Instant Pot IP-LUX 50 are:
- The Instant Pot IP-LUX 50 has 12 inbuilt programs.
- It has a manual cooking time of about 2 hours.
- It has a delay option for up to 24 hours.
- It has safety functions such as cap lock before starting.
- However, it has a volume of about 5.28 Qt.
The main features of the Instant Pot IP-LUX 60 are:
- The instant Pot IP-LUX 60 comes with two extra inbuilt programs in comparison to the IP-LUX 50 and thus can boast of a total of 14 programs.
- Instant Pot claims that this one is also up to 70% energy efficient in comparison to other pressure cookers.
- What is all the more is that this one also has an increased volume of 6.33 Qt.
- However, most of the other functions are pretty much the same as the Instant Pot IP-LUX 50.
- In fact, the Instant Pot IP-LUX 50 and the Instant Pot IP-LUX 60 are not only functionally but also visually similar, they look like twin brothers in the realm of pressure cookers with only a few differences in functionalities.
However, these two models, although twins in terms of looks, have some minor differences like all other twins, such as:
- The Instant Pot IP-LUX 50 has a capacity of 5.28 Qt while the Instant Pot IP-LUX 60 boasts one of 6.33 Qt.
- Owing to the difference in volume the Instant Pot IP-LUX 60 has wattage of 1000 while the IP-LUX 50 has one of 900.
- The Instant Pot IP-LUX 50 has a weight of 6.5 Kg while the Instant Pot IP-LUX 60 has a weight of 7.4 Kg.
- The Instant Pot IP-LUX 60 has two extra programs.
Finally, the Verdict: Which is Better?:
First of all, the verdict would depend on the person’s perspective that would have to judge it. However, from a perspective of efficiency, the Breville Fast Slow Pro is the clear winner. It provides much more options, complete automation and all of it at a similar wattage.
[Please keep in mind that the higher functionality of the Breville Fast Slow Pro might only be challenged by the fact that it does not give you the special features that are brought to you by the Instant Pot.]
However, it costs much more than the other option (the other two options, technically) so from an economical perspective it might not always be the choice.
In such a case, however, there is another new dilemma where the person would have to choose between the Instant Pot IP-LUX 50 and Instant Pot IP-LUX 60.
In such a condition, there again arises the same issue of the needs of the customer. While both of them are almost the same, the model IP-LUX 60 provides with a bit more volume at a slightly higher cost. It also provides with two excess functions.
To judge in terms of efficiency, the Instant Pot IP-LUX 60 thus gives two extra functions as well as an increased volume at a slightly higher price which seems to be worth it.
However, if it comes to judging the same in terms of the lowest price, the Instant Pot IP-LUX 50 is the cheapest option here.
However, if one is looking for cheap electronic pressure cookers, there are several pressure cookers available that are even cheaper than any of these and so it finally depends on the person who is looking to buy it because after all it is he who is to invest. If you are looking for the cheapest available Electric Pressure Cookers, you might take a look at the Bella Electric Pressure Cooker and the Tayama Electric Pressure cooker, both of which provide you with high efficiency at a really affordable price.
[If you are not satisfied with any of these, however, you might love to take a look at the two NEW Instant Pot Models: The Instant Pot Ultra and the Instant Pot Plus 60. These two models have made breakthroughs in the whole industry. You might also want to check out Our Top 7 Electric Pressure Cookers List before you go ahead and get the right one for yourself.]