Hello there and welcome back to Corrie Cooks for yet another review! In our last article, we discussed the 1st generation Anova Sous Vide with Bluetooth control. I hope you all liked it and found it informative.
In today’s article, however, we are going to take a look at the second generation model. While some features remain the same, some have been improved quite a bit. The WiFi control is also a comparatively rare thing among kitchen appliances, making it quite the modern one.
So, if you are looking forward to buying a Sous Vide, please carry on reading this article. I hope that I’d be able to keep it informative enough for you to be helped by it. I also hope that you’d be able to come to a decision by the time you’re done with this article.
What are the main features of the Anova Sous Vide WiFi 2nd Gen?
There are quite a few good things about the Anova Sous Vide. The 1st generation model was quite nice, but the 2nd generation one is still an improvement over it. So, it makes you wonder at what point the features finally rest on the second model. So, let us now take a look at the main features of this model.
So, the main features of the Anova Sous Vide WiFi 2nd Generation might be summed up in the following points:
- First of all is security when it comes to the kind of cooking. I know this might seem confusing, so let me explain. The Sous Vide cooking is done by evenly heating up all the water. This helps you cook the food evenly from all the sides and evenly in terms of temperature. This helps the whole food achieve the same level of cooking. No part of your food is ever overcooking or the reverse.
- Secondly, this machine works with both Bluetooth and WiFi. The 1st generation model works with only the Bluetooth but this model works with both of them, making it a far better choice in the long run. This must be kept in mind whenever you go for it, because it makes it even more easy to use and even more versatile.
- Thirdly, unlike some of the other bestselling models, this model isn’t the most expensive one out there. This model is not too cheap, true, and we’ll still say that again in the negative aspects. But it still isn’t the most expensive model out there, it’s moderately affordable. This encourages you to buy it because it assures you that you will still be able to go with something else if there’s a problem. So yeah, I guess this model is good from that perspective.
- And of course, like all Sous Vide machines, you don’t need to buy other stuff. You can just have this thing and you can cook the best things using it. You don’t need to buy a ton of other accessories for ideal cooking!
- This machine also has a timer of 99 hours. Come on now, that’s long enough for you to pre-plan on cooking! Other devices barely give you half as much time and you’re still taking them because they give you more than the usual pre-plan amount!
- If you aren’t aware, safety is a big concern in case of this appliance as well. This appliance has a double metal fuse. This ensures that it’s useful while being safe at the same time- How? Let me tell you! If it’s too sensitive, it’ll just stop working in every case. You’d never be able to cook properly then! Again, if it isn’t calibrated properly, it might be too dangerous! So well, it has the right setting that helps you stay safe while keeping it functional at the same time!
- And as if that wasn’t enough, it has a pretty reasonable electricity consumption too. With all the features, all the versatility and all the ease of use that this model offers, it needs only 900 watts of power. And given how fast it does the given job, it’s almost nothing!
Are there any shortcomings for this model, though?
This model might seem like the best model in the world right now. But that’s not entirely the case because of the fact that it also does have a few limitations worth mentioning. So, yeah, let us take a look at the things that stop some people from going for it.
So, the main shortcoming of this model might be summed up as follows:
- The greatest shortcoming is perhaps the fact that the Bluetooth and WiFi, though a lot, is still somewhat going to restrict the ease of use. It’s a modern device and so it’s based entirely on technology-based operation, I fully agree. But that does somewhat restrict the use and make it slightly more complicated. This is both going to make it harder for people who don’t want to embrace technology that much yet and for those who don’t have the right compatible technology.
- All in all, while it makes it easy to use, it does somewhat restrict the scope, so I’d say that this is a pretty major shortcoming.
What are some of the competing models for this model?
This model, according to me, is completely worth it. It’s giving you efficiency, quality and ease of use. And it gives you all of those at a pretty reasonable rate. Honestly speaking, I don’t really think it’s worth hating this model just because of a few things that could have been better, for those just go to the advanced version (and pay more).
Anyway, that doesn’t mean that this model is by far and wide the best model for you. The best model for you isn’t importantly the so called best one out there. It’s the one that serves all your needs at the most affordable price out there. So, let us take a look at some of the models that you might want to consider as alternatives for this model:
- Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker
- ChefSteps CS10001 Joule Sous Vide
- Gourmia GSV130 Digital Sous Vide Machine Pod Immersion Circulator