In just 20 minutes, you can make your own Air Fryer Pita Chips!
They’re far superior to store-bought pita chips, and they’re perfect for nibbling and dipping in salsa or hummus.
These crispy handmade pita chips can be seasoned with your favorite spices and herbs and are vegan.
Are Pita Chips Made At Home Healthy?
Pita chips produced at home are only as nutritious as the components used to make them. Because pita pockets may contain refined grains and carbs, be cautious when selecting pita bread. But, aside from the bread, this recipe is created using only a few spices and herbs, all-natural and additive-free.
How To Store Homemade Pita Chips Made?
These homemade pita chips are best eaten freshly cooked, but leftovers can be kept in the cupboard for up to 3-5 days in an airtight container or bag.
How long should I air fryer the pita?
After 8 minutes, you should have a crispy pita chip that has just started to turn golden brown.
Try 6 minutes for a softer chip and 10 minutes for a crispier chip. Please remember that they will crisp up slightly after being removed from the air fryer when changing the duration.
How to serve
Anything you like! You can even use homemade recipes like:
Seasoning Ideas For Air Fry Pita Bread
There are many options for seasoning combinations to make homemade pita chips, such as:
- Sea salt + pepper
- Ranch seasoning
- Italian seasoning
- Rosemary + sea salt
- Chili powder + cumin + cinnamon
- Parsley + thyme + oregano + garlic powder
Air Fryer Pita Chips
- 2 pita bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- non-stick cooking spray
- Cut each pita pocket into 8equal-sized triangles.
- In a large bowl, blend together the oil ,parsley, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Add the pita triangles and toss to coat well.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 325 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the pita triangles into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 8 minutes.
- While cooking, toss the pita triangles once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the pita chips from Air Fryer and set aside to cool before serving.
- Don't change the amount of oil you're using. The amount used here is enough to coat the bread and prevent it from becoming soggy.
- Seasoning - Mix with your hands for the most evenly distributed seasoning.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂