In today’s article, we’re going to look at the main differences between the latest model of the Instant Pot, the Instant Pot Ultra, which was released just in early April 2017 and the upcoming latest model of Fagor, the Fagor LUX 360, coming up soon in may 2017.
In this article, we’re going took look at the main differences between these two models from these two well known companies in detail. Since these two are specific models, we can easily get into a bit more detail to make it obvious to you which one is more preferable in which case.
We hope that you will be able to choose between them by the time you’re done reading this article and now let us proceed to look at the main features of each of these models one by one.
The main features of the Instant Pot Ultra
Instant Pot came up with its latest model, the Instant Pot Ultra, in early April 2017. This was an instant hit because of the big brand name of the Instant Pot, but it can not hurt to carefully look at the features of this latest model very carefully before you decide to go for it.
The main features of the Instant Pot Ultra are as follows:
- It has only one declared model so far, the IP-ULTRA60, from which we can safely assume that it is going to have a volume of 6 quarts, speaking from the past experience with Instant Pot.
- Thus, it has a volume of 6 quarts.
- The Instant Pot Ultra has a wattage of 1000.
- The Instant Pot Ultra provides you with all the options that the earlier Instant Pot models provided you with, it is the Instant Pot all-rounder.
- This model has a system which allows you to set infinite potential functions if you want, the ideal versatile electric pressure cooker in terms of functionality.
- This pressure cooker also boasts of the sous-vide cooking feature!
- There is a new feature called “Ultra” present in this model about which not much is known still now, we’ll get back to you once we get to know about it!
- Among almost all the electric pressure cookers available out there, this model has the best display and management system, making it one of the easiest to use models.
- The model also has a cooking process indicator to show you how much your food has been processed already.
- The temperature and pressure are also variable and you can set any of your choice. Temperature selection is entirely in your hands and pressure has three settings.
The main features of the upcoming Fagor LUX 360
The Fagor LUX 360 is an upcoming model of Fagor which is to be released in May 2017, as is known so far. However, this model has already become famous in the electric pressure cooker industry. So, Corrie Cooks brings to you the comparison between these two.
The upcoming Fagor LUX 360 is going to be a breakthrough for Fagor because of all the new things that Fagor is adding to it in comparison to their earlier models. This model boasts of the following important points:
- This time, Fagor has also come up with a beautiful new interface that is both easy to see and use. You can easily decide the temperature, pressure as well as time through it.
- The Fagor LUX 360 has a volume of 8 quarts.
- It provides you with 10 primary cooking functions, ranging from Pressure cook (low and high), slow cook (low and high), yogurt maker, simmer, brown, grains, steam, sauté, dessert and egg.
- There are 33 preset recipe options that the Fagor LUX 360 brings to you.
- After the completion of cooking, the keep warm feature automatically starts and it keeps your food warm for up to 12 hours.
- And this model obviously has the slow cooking feature as well, making it even more versatile than it already was!
- If you’re worried that you’re missing out on the Instant Pot specialty of making Yogurt if you choose this one, then you’re wrong, you CAN make yogurt through the Fagor LUX 360.
- The Sauté function allows you to soften and tenderize foods in a small amount of fat prior to cooking.
- This models also boasts of a special steam function, that cooks food without butter and oil and still does not use up too much time, pressure, or electricity. One of the best ways of cooking seafood as well as poultry.
- And as usual, the egg and browning functions are there to make your cooking experience all the more complete.
- It has a wattage of 1300.
So, what are the main differences?
The main differences between the Instant Pot Ultra and the Fagor LUX 360 are as follows:
- The Instant Pot Ultra has a volume of 6 quarts while the Fagor LUX 360 has one of 8 quarts.
- The Instant Pot Ultra has a much easier to use interface than the Fagor LUX 360 (although the Fagor also has an excellent one) and thus has an upper hand there.
- In terms of functionality, the Fagor LUX 360 is much superior to the Instant Pot Ultra, providing you with even the Yogurt maker function, the specialty that Instant Pot always got an advantage with.
- The Fagor Lux has certain functional advantages over the Instant Pot.
- Finally, the Fagor LUX 360 has a wattage of 1300 while the Instant Pot Ultra has one of 1000.
So… Which one to choose over the other?
Well, it’s really simple, to be honest. It precisely depends on what you’re looking for.
If you’re looking at a bestselling brand’s product with the easiest-to-use interface out there that helps you to perfectly see and set programs and also provides you with some specific advantages over all other models, then you might go for the Instant Pot Ultra.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a huge amount of functionalities, you might wait out a few more days and see the exact specifications of the Fagor LUX 360 once it is launched.
At the end of the day, you must keep your specific needs in mind to choose the perfect product for yourself, which might be anything from the Tayama Electric Pressure Cooker up to the Breville Fast Slow Pro.