Eating nutritious foods can improve your health and energy levels. Hence, most of us are very cautious with regards in cooking food to preserve or retain its form and nutrients. Surprisingly, the way you cook your food has a major effect on a number of nutrients in it. Nutrient content such as vitamins and minerals are often depleted or decreased during cooking. Sometimes, unhealthy chemicals can be created along with the food. When unattended or unmonitored, food can also be overcooked which affects the food’s palatability and texture.
Concerning this cooking dilemma, sous vide cooking was introduced. Sous vide, which means “under vacuum” in French, refers to the process of vacuum-sealing food in a bag, then cooking it to a very precise temperature in a water bath. This technique produces results that are impossible to achieve through any other cooking method. Sous vide cooking utilizes precise temperature control with circulation to produce results that you never had before. Indeed, sous vide cooking has many benefits.
- Simple and Foolproof – With a sous vide cooking device, you just set the temperature, drop in a vacuum-sealed pouch of food, and walk away.
- Enhanced Natural Flavors – Food cooked in vacuum-sealed food-grade pouches doesn’t lose its flavor or its juices into the drip pan or through the grate. The flavor is locked in and its essence is amplified as the food cooks in its own natural juices.
- Precise with Consistent Results – Unlike conventional ovens or grills, the cooking temperature is maintained at a precise temperature that allows you to dial in perfection in all foods you cook.
- Convenient – Because it cooks gently and precisely at its perfect serving temperature, foods cannot overcook.
- Improved Nutrition – Delicate and essential fats found in many foods are not damaged by the aggressively high temperatures used with conventional cooking techniques.
Since this method is being used nowadays, the emergence of sous vide cooker is gradually rising. Hence, we now introduce to you two of the leading sous vide cookers in the market.
Gourmia GSV130 Digital Sous Vide Pod Immersion Circulator Precision Cooker
There’s a reason sous vide immersion circulators are taking over home kitchens everywhere – and the Gourmia Sous Vide Pod is the easiest-on-the-wallet way to try it out. The Gourmia GSV130 is excellent, high powered sous vide immersion circulator that does an amazing job of cooking perfect food, every time! It transforms 3.5-gallon pots into sous vide water oven for even cooking. It has a thermostat to control temperature settings. The pump is whisper quiet and circulates up to 1.5 gallons of water per minute.
Product Features and Benefits
SPECS – 1200 Watts, 2.3 lbs; colors: White, Black, or Bronze;
COMPACT ALTERNATIVE- Low cost, compact alternative to self-contained sous vide water ovens. Easily clips to most 3.5-gallon pots.
GOURMET RECIPES INCLUDED- Includes Recipe Book by bestselling author Jason Logsdon.
TASTES BETTER- Leave meat, poultry, and fish to simmer for hours.
HIGHLY ACCURATE- Exclusive active control thermostat incorporates precision temperature settings within +/- 0.01 Degree for complete accuracy and control over the entire cooking process
USER-FRIENDLY- Enjoy a hassle free sous vide experience with the user-friendly dial and digital display. The sleek design is durable and attractive for upscale kitchen and cooks.
- The ability to regulate temperature accurately is probably the most important thing about the Gourmia GSV130.
- It’s sleek and modern in a timeless sort of way, meaning it will fit in with most kitchen styles.
- The attractive and readable digital display and dial are easy-to-use and convenient.
- This device includes a quick cooking guide that advises cooks on the times and temperatures to cook at.
- Highly precise temperature readings
- You can leave your meat to simmer for hours, which makes it taste so much better.
- Very simple and user-friendly interface.
- Spinnable thumbwheel that is used for temperature adjustment can sometimes be accidentally bumped
- Some people find the operation a little confusing at first, but this is easily solvable by going over the manual
again or talking to a Gourmia rep.
Gourmia GSV550 9 Qt Sous Vide Water Oven Cooker
The Gourmia GSV 550 has a self-contained water bath which is ideal for those people who do not want all of the fuss of using an immersion circulator, and connecting it to a cooking pot. It is available for less than most of the top immersion circulators and is much cheaper than the top of the range combined sous vide cookers.
Product Features and Benefits
Even Temperature Measure –Allow you to cook the food in full vacuum sealed pouch in a water bath at a constant temperature and even heat distribution which helps to retain the actual color of the food.
Traditional cooking method – This traditional cooking method is used to cook the vacuum sealed food items in Gourmia sous vide cooker.
LCD display Feature – Help in displaying the digital timer, current cooking temperature, and overcooking problems.
Audio alert system – Help to maintain the time and temperature at the even measure and notify you to alert about the bad happenings.
Multi-usage Lid option – Help to tight fit the lid of the cooker.
Detachable drip tray – Used to regulate the temperature up to 90 degrees C and it includes several racks to set for the multiple pouches.
ACT system – Used to maintain the precision temperature for cooking your sous vide recipes items.
Extreme Cooking Heat – Highly insulated with the high-grade quality stainless steel material to withstand the extreme cooking temperature.
9 Quart Interior Implementation – You can cook several food items.
Water Circulation – Make use of the convection for circulating the water throughout the unit.
Digital Control Panel – It included with the powerful LED backlight display option to clearly denote the measuring even in the low lighting conditions.
Digital Timer option –Allow you for cooking the sous vide stuffed food with timer settings between several hours.
- High-quality cooker
- Easy to handle
- No precise temperature stability
The Gourmia GSV1300 is a great buy. It has very few issues and a lot of recommendable features, such as its superb temperature controls. With its sleek design, user-friendly interface, and chef-inspired recipe book, both those new and familiar with sous vide are sure to enjoy this versatile product.
On the other hand, the price of Gourmia GSV550 9 Qt Sous Vide Water Oven Cooker makes it ideal for those who are just starting out with sous vide cooking. There is higher quality self-contained water ovens out there, but they will cost a lot more money. The Gourmia GSV 550 represents great value for money and is recommended for the budget-conscious buyer.