Gourmet is a cultural ideal associated with the culinary arts of fine food and drink. The term and its associated practices are usually used positively to describe people of refined taste and passion which is characterized by refined, even elaborate preparations and of several contrasting, often quite rich courses like steaks. Therefore in order to achieve that one of a kind steak result it is necessary to use techniques and method of cooking that is modern and hassle free.
Some would go for an extra mile just to achieve that perfect steak that everyone is wanting. Others would go for food grilling, or pan frying the meat and sometimes only the part of the meat that is touching the grill or pan is cooking at the temperature of the metal. The rest of the meat further from the pan cooks at a lower temperature. This causes uneven cooking. Furthermore, you don’t know what exact temperature you are cooking at.
Precise temperatures mean you get a perfectly cooked steak through and through resulting in tender, juicy meat. Sous vide cooks food at the precise temperature using a water bath and sous vide machine that maintains and circulates the exact temperature in the water.
The water surrounds all of the food from all sides evenly heating it. So let’s dive right into the details to help make the buying decision easy. We are going to review two products available in the market today that offers the method of cooking that is very modern, unique and effortless, the Gourmia GSV130 Digital Sous Vide Machine and Gourmia GSV900 Sous Vide Circulating Water Oven.
Gourmia GSV130 Digital Sous Vide Machine
Gourmia’s state of the art engineering and R&D department based in Brooklyn, NY consist of engineers, technicians, professional chefs, as well as much other personnel. They spent over a year extensively developing the Sous Vide immersion cooker in their laboratory using high-tech equipment. Once it was designed based on specific requirements, the New York team continued testing, experimenting, cooking with the unit and developing improvements until it was finalized. The Gourmia team developed specific procedures for how the Sous Vide pod was manufactured, and key US engineers were on-site to ensure the product was built to those strict specifications.
Features and Benefits
- SPECS – 1200 Watts, 2.3 lbs; colors: White, Black, or Bronze;
- COMPACT ALTERNATIVE- Low cost, compact alternative to self-contained sous vide water ovens. Easily clips to most 3.5-gallon pots.
- GOURMET RECIPES INCLUDED- Includes Recipe Book by bestselling author Jason Logsdon.
- TASTES BETTER- Leave meat, poultry, and fish to simmer for hours.
- HIGHLY ACCURATE- Exclusive active control thermostat incorporates precision temperature settings within +/- 0.01 Degree for complete accuracy and control over the entire cooking process.
- USER-FRIENDLY- Hassle free sous vide experience with the user-friendly dial and digital display. The sleek design is durable and attractive kitchen tool.
The ability to regulate temperature accurately is probably the most important thing about the Gourmia GSV130.
- It’s sleek and modern in a timeless sort of way, meaning it will fit in with most kitchen styles.
- The attractive and readable digital display and dial are easy-to-use and convenient.
- This device includes a quick cooking guide that advises cooks on the times and temperatures to cook at.
- Highly precise temperature readings
- You can leave your meat to simmer for hours, which makes it taste so much better.
- Very simple and user-friendly interface.
- Spinnable thumbwheel that is used for temperature adjustment can sometimes be accidentally bumped.
- Some people find the operation a little confusing at first, but this is easily solvable by going over the manual.
Gourmia GSV900 Sous Vide Circulating Water Oven
After purchasing and beginning to unbox, you can expect to find the Gourmia GSV900 Immersion Sous Vide oven itself, a metal rack, and an instruction manual. Setup is incredibly straight forward for the Gourmia GSV-900 oven. Apart from basic unpacking and cleaning, the oven is ready to go. The manual that comes with the product is excellent – really easy instructions with both text and images.
Features and Benefits
- Capacity= 10 quarts
- Compact design with stay cool exterior
- Easy read display
- Customizable temperature settings and ultra quiet operation
- Can be recalibrated for accuracy
- Included rack allows up to 12 vacuum sealed packages to be cooked at the same time
- ACT (Active Control Thermostat) water temperature monitoring
- Insulated stainless steel body
- Backlit digital display
- Insulated steel base
- The base of the sous vide oven is made of stainless steel, which adds to the weight of the unit.
- Easy Lift Handles make moving the machine much easier.
- The top of the unit has a transparent lid which is great to check on your food from time to time – however, it can get a bit foggy from the steam when heating at high temperatures.
- 10-quart capacity
- Stay cool exterior
- Precise circulation and temperature control technology
- Temperature selection could be faster
- Lacks WiFi connectivity
- Some complaint about noisy operation
Which to choose?
The Gourmia GSV-900 works flawlessly with little effort. Steaks will be cooked perfectly, exactly to the temperature set. It has a 10-quart water bath and 12 slot oven rack that is large enough to cook for multiple people at the same time. The top window allows you to keep an eye on your food as it’s cooking without opening the lid and disrupting the temperature. In addition, the LCD control panel is incredibly easy to use.
This is the one sous vide oven that you did not even have to open the manual. Everything is straightforward, and the performance is spot on. At the price point, you can’t miss out on this sous vide oven. This device is a winning combo of sleek and simple. Only real negative, like all oven models, it takes up a bit of space.
When you think of the cheapest among the Gourmia yet quality sous vide products, I would say it is the Gourmia GSV130 Digital Sous Vide Machine that is available in the market today. It has a simple user interface. It heats up quickly. It has a quiet and powerful motor that has an easy display and dial and can cook in 3.5-gallon pots. The product also obtained 91% or 5 stars in amazon.com.
Both products require no necessary experience in cooking. Both dishes can be authentically prepared and heated. Both can provide consistent temperatures throughout your food while retaining all flavors. You will want to ensure you make the correct decision on what type. Hopefully, your buying decision will be easier now that we went over the features and benefits of these intelligently-made products.